There are many ways you can teach your children to be safe around electricity, here are a few to consider coaching your children to avoid:
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet
- Keep metal objects out of toasters
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water
- Never pull a plug out by its cord
- Stay away from substations and power lines
- Don’t climb on power poles
- Never fly kites near power lines
- Stay away from broken or fallen power lines
- Never touch or climb trees that are near power lines
- Never touch big, metal transformer boxes with warning signs
- Obey warning signs
Childproofing your home
Keep curious kids safe from the temptation to stick foreign objects into outlets or plugs.
- Unused wall outlets should be secured. Plastic inserts can be used but they can be pulled off and stuck in the mouth. Consider using safety outlets that prevent foreign objects from being inserted. You can also block outlets with the creative arrangement of furniture.
- If you’re temporarily using extension cords, hide them behind furniture or use a hide-a-cord device. You can also put electrical tape over unused plug holes on cords.
- Put electrical devices such as DVD players on a shelf out of reach, or behind a barrier.
- Store bathroom and kitchen electrical appliances – like hair dryers and toasters – out of reach of curious children
Article taken from here:
Electricians in Brisbane that you can trust!
Here at Brisbane Electrical, we believe that old-fashioned customer service and value for money are key to happy clients. We are a bricks and mortar Australian owned and operated small business it is important for us to ensure our clients experience the highest quality service every time.
Proudly Servicing Chermside to Springwood, Ipswich to Wellington Point…and beyond!
Lost power at 2am? Need LED downlights installed? Maybe you need your air conditioner cleaned? Contact us here at Brisbane Electrical, we have you covered. We help clients all over Brisbane from Chermside to Springwood, Ipswich to Wellington Point we are here to help you keep your, your loved ones, your home or office safe and working well.
We can help with:
Lights, Fans & Power
Telephone, TV & Data
Faults & Repairs
Electrical Safety Inspections
LED Lighting Specialists
Air Conditioning Supply and Installation
and much more!
No matter what your need we can help. Brisbane Electrical are the Electricians in Brisbane that you can trust!